27 Jun Top Ten Violations Under the FDCPA by Collectors
The top ten violations of the FDCPA by bill collectors are:
1. Contacting at work after they are told to stop;
2. Making repeated contacts after they are told to not call anymore;
3. Sending out letters that deceive or intimidate an individual;
4. Leaving voicemail messages that give too much information that a third party may hear;
5. Using a fake name or fake company name;
6. Bill collectors threaten suit when they do not intend to bring a lawsuit;
7. Bill collectors threaten garnishment when they do not have a judgement;
8. Using abusive language towards the debtor;
9. Sending out letters with incorrect balances owed;
10. Cannot threaten to take your property, unless they can do it legally.
If any of these things have happened to you. The following things are not the only violations, just common violations. You need to give our office a call at 952-294-0144 or get more information at www.bolinskelaw.com.